Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No Testimony Until After the Trial of Our Faith

6/9/09
Hola Familia!
Thanks so much for the letters and the pictures! I love seeing you all. I will be unable to send pictures for a little while, so sorry about that. I’ll explain in a minute... It’s been quite a week here. Lots of stuff...
I’ll start with the worst. Well, we have known for a little while that our pinch isn’t secure. Apparently some other people found out too... So yeah, we got robbed. Not once, but twice. The first time the just looked around and took what they could fit in a backpack, the second time they got us a little worse. I lost quite a bit. My camera got taken, but luckily I have almost everything backed up on a gig stick, so I will be making a CD to send home. Just so you know, I lost my suits, so I think I’m gonna have to find a new one here. Sorry Jake, they took the gerber... Thanks though, it really was useful for the year I had it. I guess that’s enough. I’ll just say they got us pretty good. We are all ok though, and I still have my journal and pictures and scriptures, so I guess that’s the stuff that will really matter in the future...oh yeah, and my testimony, but they can’t take that no matter how hard they try. We are getting some bars put on our windows this week, and will be taking turns staying in, so it won’t be empty ever.
Transfers. I’m staying here with Elder Bascur for one more, which will be his fourth here, so he’s gone after this one pretty much for sure. So we have one more to work with our investigators and try and get some good stuff done. I’ve been thinking a lot this week about stuff I wanted to do for the next transfer. It will be a little difficult to implement, but it will be worth it. We are going to crack down on the little things. We are going to learn what 100% really means.
Our investigators are not doing to hot right now, but I guess there is no testimony until after the trail of faith, no? They are definitely seeing some trails, but we are working with them. Super spiritual lessons are pretty key. For some reason there is a big problem with them understanding that authority is key in baptism. I don’t really know how to explain it more clearly for them. I have used every example I can think of and we have just come right out and said that their baptism is not valid in the eyes of God, but they still don’t get it! We are finding some really great people though. There is a really cool guy out in Camp Crespo that was very interested after the first contact and even more so after the first lesson. So we are looking forward to working with him.
We have also been receiving a ton of reference from the members, with is the best, but contacting them is another thing...haha. We are trying to involve them in the whole process, but they just can’t seem to find the time or commit to a specific time. It’s rough, but were working with them.
I’m really glad that Gabe is doing alright. He was included in my fast last week, so I’m grateful for that. Let him know that I love him a bunch and will continue praying for him. I know he probably is enjoying the break having us gone so that we can’t bug him or pick on him, but we will be back before he knows it. Hopefully not too soon, but I look forward to the day I can mess with him again.
Congrats to Ari and Jason on the HOUSE!!! What’s going to happen with the duplex?
Well, I’m glad you are all doing well and hope you enjoy your week! I love you all so much and know that families are the most important for our Heavenly Father. Thanks to the priesthood, we can be together forever. The church is true.
Elder Rau

No comments: