Friday, May 7, 2010

The Mission is the Best!

5-5-10
Hola Familia!
Thanks for the letters again this week! I loved seeing the pictures Ari sent me of all the kids playing and stuff. Looks like y’all had a great time! We had a pretty good week here too. Not quite as much playing though.
Last Friday we were looking for some less active family that we had on our ward list. When we lack things to do, we just start looking for in-actives. It’s a great source of new investigators. So long story short, we found a family, but not the one we were looking for. Virginia Tira is a member of the church, but inactive for about three years due to lots of trials and difficulties in life. She lost contact with the church, then moved, so nobody knew how to contact her. We were walking by, and the kids yelled, elders! When are you going to come teach us the discussions? So I guess they contacted us. We talked, taught and set the goal to go back to church. Saturday she said good bye to the Jehovah witness’ that knew to come by, and Sunday came to church. The members were great and swarmed her. IN about 10 minutes she had met the entire relief society and a few hermanas set times to go over and visit her. Last night in ward counsel we talked about helping them out a little bit. It was such a cool thing to see the ward in action. Everything worked exactly the way it should, which is the way the Lord has designed it. Two of her 5 children will be baptized in the first part of june. They are already reading and praying together every day. Pretty cool huh.
That was the big story of the week. Everything else is going good. Two other part member families should become a little more complete next week. We have a baptism planed for Wednesday, but we’ll have to see if they can make it to church this week. The mom traveled this Sunday and couldn't bring them, so they didn’t come. They are doing great though. I love teaching and baptizing kids, but I have yet to see a whole family come into the church. I would love to see that before I go home.
News from other areas. I think I might have mentioned it a little bit before. Every week we get an email with a list of all the people that were baptized in the last week, as well as announcements and so forth. It’s been so exciting reading it in the last few weeks because a ton of people that I got to teach have been getting baptized. Last week a couple that has been investigating for a long time, but hadn’t been able to get married just got baptized. It makes me so happy.
From my first area, the dad of a young man (right now on his mission in Ecuador) got baptized. I think I might have told you that already. That was especially cool. It looks like his wife is also investigating.
The mission is the best!
It looks like p-day is going to change back to Monday next transfer, so I will keep you updated on that. As far as the call, I still don’t know anything. Ha ha! I’m sure I will be calling you later in the day. After 3 o clock your time. I’m pretty sure there is a four hour difference. I will write down that number mom gave me, and I’m sure it will work, but I will also have a backup plan. That is, I will buy another card just in case, and then you would have to call me back. I’m sure the Verizon card will work though.
Well, that’s all I got for this week. I love you guys so much and am pretty excited to hear your voices and talk to you on Sunday. I’m so sure that the church is true and that we can be a forever family! I’m so grateful for Christ’s atonement.
Love you guys!
Elder Rau

No comments: