Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR to Everyone!

1/5/10
Hola familia!
Once again, I’m writing on Tuesday because I forgot to inform you about transfers. I’m really bad at that huh maybe I’ll figure it out someday. The good news is that today I am on a computer that can send pictures, so maybe I’ll get a few off.
Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! We had a great time watching the fireworks from our roof. It was kind of eerie right before midnight because out of nowhere a huge wind picked up and only lasted for like a minute. We decided that that means it’s gonna be a big year, or something big is going to happen.
So about transfers I can’t believe it but I’m going back to Santa Fe living in the same pinch that I just came from, but upstairs. I am going to still be a ZL in the zone Recreo/Rafaela. The area is absolutely amazing. We will be baptizing quite a bit. My new companion was in my district in the MTC. Elder Sharp. He is an awesome missionary! I am very excited to work with him. He is from Preston, Idaho that right, Napoleon Dynamite town. He went to that high school, worked at that chicken farm and knew the real guy that was the inspiration for Lyle. He is actually part of the National Guard. I’m very content, but very sad to leave Concordia. This is one of my favorite cities and I’m really going to miss the members/investigators here. But I guess that’s just how it goes right
I can’t really think of anything else I wanted to write though I had some good stories, but I forgot. Just a few hours ago we got trapped in the elevator of our building that was funny. We were trapped in a little box and it was really hot. Yesterday we were clapping in front of a house and a big old German Sheppard came running at us, but luckily his chain stopped him. We started talking about how he was a mean dog and stuff like that, and then all of a sudden he charged again and broke his chain. It is possible that it was the most scared I have been in my mission. The dog took a few steps, then decided he wanted to go sniff around over by some plants, so he forgot about us. Close call
On a more spiritual note, we had to set goals for the month this week (even though we knew it was a possible that one of us was getting transferred). So we prayed and stuff, then wrote down our numbers and compared. We were exactly the same except for one of the three key dates, but we were only off by one number. Moments like those you can’t deny the inspiration. It’s always encouraging.
Well, I’ll end it here and try to get some pictures off. I love you guys a whole bunch and can’t wait to hear from you next week. I will be back in Santa Fe, so I will write if I haven’t been cooked to a crisp. It usually makes like 50Celsius which being interpreted is really really hot! Plus humidity
The church is true no matter where you go!
Love you lots!
Elder Rau

No comments: