Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today I start an English Fast

5/31/10
Hola Familia!
How are you all this beautiful Monday morning? At least its beautiful here... clear skies but still quite chilly. There is wind, so that doesn't help. So there you have the weather report from this side of the world. Its probably more accurate than google or the weather channel!

Anyway, I love your letters but I must admit you are all quite trunky. I guess I only have to endure your letters for another 3 weeks.... I guess I'm kind of excited too...ok, really excited, but I still understand that I was called for 24 months, and I haven't got there yet, so I will remain focused.

So we are very happy here in holy faith Argentina. We are dealing with a challenge in finding new people to teach, but the people that we are teaching are progressing right along towards the waters of baptism. I'm pretty excited. I'm still on the lookout for a complete family, but I have been thinking a lot about what dad said about finishing families being a great work too. Its true, it feels so cool. Just a few minutes ago I saw the elders that are currently serving in one of my old areas and told me that the last member of an awesome family just got baptized. Now they are complete and have the temple as their goal. That is sooooo cool! It made me happy. Also a guy I was teaching in Rosario got baptized and only has to wait the year to be sealed to his wife forever. They are a young couple and she was a member from before, but now they are the most active and participating members of the ward.

Today I start an English fast that should last until Monday in three weeks. I'm doing it for me and for my comp. I haven't spoken enough Spanish with him yet, so this should give him a head start for the next compaƱion (i have a feeling it’s going to be a Latin) The goal for now is not to say a word of English, but after the first week I will see if I need to make any changes. I foresee some potential communication/patience problems, so it will be a great opportunity to learn.

I must admit that i was pretty sad to hear that bishop Gardemann was released. As far as I am concerned he was the best bishop in the whole church. His example of optimism and excitement is admirable and the love that I felt when he was with us in church or on other activities is the love that i imagine feeling from the savior. I am glad to hear that he was assigned to keep working with the young men of the stake. Does that mean he will be at the encampment? Its weird that I don't even know the new bishop, but I'm sure he is awesome. I have also decided that to be obedient I will be attending the branch, at least for a while. (That decision has nothing to do with the change in bishop, just to keep the record straight.)

Well, we are looking forward to another baptism this weekend, which will be awesome. Kevin asked me to baptize him, so that will be really fun. I'm so grateful for being a missionary. It really is the best thing in the whole world! This is the true church, without a doubt! I know its true.

I love you all a whole bunch!

Elder Nate Rau

No comments: