Monday, May 18, 2009

May 11, 2009

Hola Familia!
First of all.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RYLYNN!!!!! AND CAMILLE TOO!!!! Mom sent me some pictures, and she is a very cute little girl! I think she has more hair now than cami had at 6 months... Dad told me about some debate as to how her name is pronounced. I have decided that is is prounounced similar to ryan. The accent would be over the y. RY-lynn. When it comes down to it, I will just call her whatever I want. Posibilities include RAR!!! (her inititals. Prounounced like a lion and/or dinosaur. Im sure anson or porter could give you a great demonstration.) But no matter what she is called, shes a cutie and I cant wait to meet her!
Well, mothers day came and went, and i really enjoyed talking to mom and dad. They pretty much already know everything that will be in this letter, so its mostly for the rest of you!
First of all, we had a baptism this week. It was pretty hectic getting them prepared, but Romina and Exequiel Lopez were batpized this week. Romina has 8 and Exequiel 11. I baptized romina and confirmed her yesterday. It was a way cool experience. When I got here, they only had be taught lesson one, the restauration, and I was very doubtful of them actually making it to the date, but by a miracle, we were able to teach and they were able to understand everything sufficiently tobe baptised. Twoother kids from the ward were baptised, which made for a huge turnout to the baptism. We had over 60 people there, many of which were not members. We only got one appointment out of the deal, but Im sure there are some good seeds planted for the future. It was a very special service and it was a priviledge to participate in it.
As I told mom and dad, Im really enjoying the mission! I cant believe I am almost at the year mark (ok, so Im still a month out but still!!!). Before you know it Ill be home! I guess that means I need to work harder, but I really am having the time of my life here! Im starting to feel more comfortable in my new area and everything like that. We are still trying to find the ballance in the work. By that I mean working efficently in stead of just working. Its kind of hard, but once we find it, this place is going to explode! There is alot of potential here.
I cant really think of much else. Just know that I love you all and am quite happy to hear that you are all doing well. Im anxiously awaiting some pictures...so send em! Haha. Seriously though, I love you guys so much!
The church is true. Thomas Monson is a prophet. Jospeh Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Chrsit. The priesthood is on the earth once more.
Love you,
Elder Rau

No comments: