Wednesday, October 14, 2009

TRANSFERED!

Thanks for writing early this week. I totally forgot to tell you that we had transfers this week. That would be the reason I am writing today, Tuesday.
I guess Ill start with transfers...I'M GOING BACK TO ENTRE RIOS! I will return to the city of Concordia in the area of Concordia. My new comp is Elder Kirk, and we are the zone leaders. Im expecting to learn alot from Kirk. He was very close to being called as assistant, so that means he is responsible and understands his calling. He was also compaero menor of a legendary companionship. The transfer before I got here, he was in a little pueblo called Santa Elena and he and his comp`(who did become assistant but has since returned home) baptised 15 in one transfer. Its the highest one transfer in the history of the mission, as far as I know. No body has made it past 12 or 13 since. This is also his last transfer, so we will be working very hard I'm sure. Elder Herold is in that zone right now but is getting transfered to another area, not sure where. I will probably have the opportunity to travel to areas like Federal and Gualeguaych, which are little pueblos in the campo. The pinch there is awesome!!! It has air conditioning! Its also on the tenth floor and you can see Uruguay from the living room! I am very excited, yet humbled at the same time. Its not easy to be a zone leader, but I know that this call comes from the Lord, so I don't have to worry too much.
Anyway, we had another great week. We fell short of the mission standards by a few dates, but three people were baptised. The two girls of that family that I have talked about quite a bit, and a 13 year old that doesn't live with his dad, but will now be going to church with his dad. I'm not entirely sure that his mom knows that he got baptised, but by next week he will be confirmed and the deal is done! Haha. Its an interesting situation, but I was reminded of how many people in the book of Mormon were baptised in secret. I felt kind of like Alma! The best part is that elder Taylor got wet, and the abuelo of the girls also got into the water. Unfortunately, the grandpa didn't have the strength to put the girls all the way under the water, so another elder that was already wet got back in and helped him out. It was a cool experience. I got to confirm Rocio memeber of the church. other kids got baptised that day too, which made things kind of crazy, but the spirit was still strong. I do like the smaller, simpler services more though. It was great though. A good way too end my time in Yapey.
I am sad to leave though, this area is about ready to explode. I'm positive that next transfer will be full of success and miracles. The ward is excited and ready to work, we have a new elders quorum presidente and we have a ton of really good investigators. I feel good about what I have done here.
Funny story from the week, my comp started making fun of me for the natey wave... yes... I still do it and cant explain why. I guess that's just how I scratch my nose, alright!
I cant really remember anything else that happened this week. I was fairly occupied with the baptism and stuff. So I guess Ill just end it here and tell you all that I love you very much and look forward to hearing from you again next week.
I Know that the church is true!
Elder Rau

No comments: