Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Everyone Talks About the Weather...

9/1/09
Hola Familia!
How are you all doing? I totally forgot to tell you all last week that this week is transfers and that I will be writing on Tuesday...which is today...sorry! Needless to say, I didn’t get anything from anyone... it’s a sad day in Argentina...just kiddin, every day is a happy day here, especially with a relief from the heat. It has been close to 37 c and humid here for the last week. What a welcome for my new comp... Yesterday it rained and hailed a little and has cooled off for now. Another random thing about Argentina, you can start a conversation with literally anyone just by talking about the weather. Everyone always talks about the weather... crazy huh.
Anyway, my comp is here and we are working now. I think the transition was a little rough for him. He already has blisters and his feet go way off the bed (because he is 8 inches taller than me) but he’s doing great. He speaks way better than I did and has no fear to talk. What a blessing. I am starting to lose a little bit of my edge speaking Spanish because I am constantly trying to say things so that he will understand or translating. The good news is at the beginning of last month, we started a mission wide English fast, so we have to speak in English in the morning and while we are working, but can speak English at night and on p-day. We are doing great.
We had a baptism last Saturday! We were gonna have two but one called and cancelled on us right before the baptism, so we are going to keep working with Catriel, but Matas Meza was baptized by his friend Alexis. I got to confirm him. It was cool. I also gave like 6 baptismal interviews this week! 3 got baptized on Saturday, 2 today and we will have another baptism this weekend, so that should be great.
We had a really funny lesson yesterday. We sat down on the sidewalk with a bunch of kids and taught them how to pray. It kind of started as a joke, but turned into a lesson. It was great. We’ll see what happens.
I hope to hear from you all next week.
Love ya lots and don’t forget...the church is true...
Elder Rau

No comments: